No job openings are available at this time.
Reports To: Board of Trustees
Position Salary Band: Commensurate with qualification
Direct Reports: 4-6
Travel Requirement: 25+ days/year
Extended Hour Requirement: Pre-8:00 AM, post-5:00 PM, and weekend responsibilities are required with this position.
The CEO works with EDCUtah’s Board of Trustees to build successful economic development strategies for Utah and business plans for the organization. The CEO leads EDCUtah’s internal team and builds trust, energy, and enthusiasm for the mission with investors, partners, and stakeholders. The CEO is ultimately responsible to EDCUtah’s Board of Trustees for the successful execution of EDCUtah’s mission.
You enjoy leading an organization with a diverse group of stakeholders, can develop strategic plans to further the goals of an organization, and can fundraise and develop advocates who will help sustain the business over the long term.
As the leader of EDCUtah’s mission and team, you set the tone for the organization’s goals and objectives. All business development, marketing, research, community strategy, fundraising, and governance activities will be set under your leadership.
Organization and Board Management (25%)
Directs the operation of the business of EDCUtah and its employees. In conjunction with the Board, prepares, implements, and administers short term and long-range, strategic economic development planning. Is responsible for implementing all policies adopted by the Board of Trustees of EDCUtah. Serves as leader and professional development resource to all members of the EDCUtah internal team.
Financial Management & Fundraising (25%)
Assures financial responsibility in the funding and management of the organization and assumes accountability for actions of staff. Defines value proposition and drives recruitment and retention of EDCUtah investors, including State, City, County and private sector groups.
Community Liaison (30%)
Meets with outside agencies, non-government organizations, and the public - including local government, members of the business community, and citizens' groups - to explain and promote EDCUtah’s goals and objectives and the programs it executes to achieve those objectives. Represents the organization in any activities involving the Utah Legislature, the Governor’s Office, and other state and federal elected officials. Interacts with state and local government officials, chamber of commerce representatives, private-sector companies, economic development professionals, and any others to coordinate efforts, collaborate on strategic initiatives, and encourage economic development in Utah.
EDCUtah Program (20%)
Engaging in EDCUtah’s program through leading high-priority site visits, sharing the Utah story and value proposition at various conferences or events, and interacting with the site-selection community.
• Presides at all events and meetings of investors.
• Serves at the organization’s primary external contact and spokesperson, presenting a positive and professional image of the EDCUtah and the area; and maintains contact with news media as needed.
• Ensures that the right team is in place in EDCUtah and that such team members have the structure and tools they need to succeed.
• Stays abreast of global trends, key sector innovations, and quality of life metrics that will impact Utah’s ongoing economic prosperity and competitiveness and communicates about such trends effectively for partners to action from.
• Recognizable success in a senior management position within a non-profit organization, development entity or comparable business or governmental operation.
• Substantial success in establishing and expanding positive working relationships of trust and confidence with public officials and business investors.
• Proven leadership in directing the financial operations of an organization with some knowledge of fund-raising strategies for economic development organizations.
• Management experience in working with a Board of Trustees of an organization in providing effective communication, support, and direction to formulate policy and implementation of Board action.
• Transactional experience in law, finance, real estate, corporate development, or related field.
• History of engaging, attracting, and managing professional staff, business volunteers, and public partners in order to accomplish specific organizational goals.
To serve as a catalyst for quality job growth and increased capital investment by assisting in-state companies to grow and recruiting out-of-state companies to expand and relocate in Utah.
We are committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace where diversity, inclusion, and equality are highly valued among our staff, investors and clients. We value different experiences, ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds and know that respect for the individual as well as diversity in all respects contributes to a stronger and more creative Utah.
We are busy working with companies that are bringing new jobs to Utah. Check out our News Room for recent wins to see who may be hiring.