Distribution & Transportation
Business Resource List
Work Ready Utah
Sports and Outdoor Products
Utah Office of Tourism
Salt Lake Convention and Visitors Bureau
Utah Valley Convention and Visitors Bureau
Utah Symphony and Opera
Utah Arts Council
Community Match Grant
Utah Economic Developers Directory
For over 25 years, the Economic Development Corporation of Utah (EDCUtah) has been helping companies create jobs and capital investment in our state. A private nonprofit agency supported by more than 250 partners, EDCUtah provides no cost consulting services to companies who would like to learn about expanding or relocating into Utah.
- Good Company. Chair Entertainment, Disney Interactive Studios, Electronic Arts (EA), Fusion-io, EchoStar (formerly Move Networks), and Sandman Studios, are just a sample of the world class digital media companies already doing business in Utah. See more major Utah employers.
- Great People. In addition to a young and growing workforce, Utah boasts the 4th highest concentration per capita of multi-media artists and animators in the nation. 1 Utah Valley University is adding to that success with a new Bachelor's Degree in Digital Media.
- Cutting Edge Research. Brigham Young University animation students have won four student Academy Awards and eleven student Emmys. Utah State University students are collaborating with Intel on state of the art simulation technology. The Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute (SCI) at the University of Utah is an internationally recognized leader in visualization, scientific computing, and image analysis.
- World-class Innovators & Entrepreneurs. In 2006, Utah launched USTAR (Utah Science, Technology and Research Initiative), a long-term, state-funded effort to recruit top talent and establish state-of-the-art research innovation centers throughout the state. Additionally, the University of Utah's Technology & Venture Commercialization program is consistently ranked high among top universities such as MIT, Columbia, Cal Tech, and Johns Hopkins.
- A History of Innovation. The founders of Atari, Adobe, Iomega, Novell, Pixar, Silicon Graphics, and Word Perfect were all educated at the University of Utah, and Ivan Sutherland (co-founder of Evans & Sutherland), the creator of computer graphics and founder of the GUI Interface, was a University of Utah Professor.
- Feature Film Experience. Utah has been featured in over 800 films including: • John Carter of Mars (2010) • High School Musical (2006-2010) • Forrest Gump (1994) • The Sandlot (1993) • Thelma & Louise (1991) • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) • Footloose (1984)
- Sundance Film Festival. For ten days each January, Utah is home to the largest independent film festival in the United States and the premier showcase for new independent films. The Sundance Institute, also headquartered in Utah, supports independent films and artists all year round.
- Competitive Costs. Utah’s cost of doing business is 10% below the national average. We’re also only two hours from Los Angeles by air – an easy day trip for Hollywood partners. Learn what components keep Utah’s cost of doing business competitive.
- Stable Investment. Utah is the best managed state in the nation3. Utah boasts one of only three state governments with an AAA bond rating from all three rating agencies. Forbes Magazine has ranked Utah in the top three “Best States for Business” three years in a row. Read more about our Governor’s plans to keep Utah’s economy going strong.
- Financial Incentives. The Governor’s Office of Economic Development (GOED) can provide financial incentives to qualifying companies creating new, high-paying jobs in Utah. Special consideration is given to companies within Utah’s Economic Clusters, including digital media. In addition, four films and TV projects have received nearly $1.5 million in incentives to shoot in Utah in 2015 alone.
- “We have every conceivable environment that one would hope to create on film. We have the crews. We have the talent. We have the can-do attitude that exists in this state.”
-Former Governor Jon M. Huntsman, Jr.
- "The quality of students coming out of BYU is the best in the world . . . We found that BYU has risen to the top. It's amazing to see that BYU is producing the best in the industry . . . Something pretty remarkable is happening here."
-Ed Catmull, President of Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios
Contact an EDCUtah representative to schedule an appointment or to participate in the Utah booth